I'm sure it's no surprise that carrots are VERY good for you (as are ginger, turmeric, and cinnamon, but that's a whole different post!).
- rich in Vitamin A (more than spinach and kale combined!!)
- helpful for fighting sugar cravings
- lots of beta-carotene (cancer fighting antioxidant)
- benefits the lungs
- strengthens spleen-pancreas
- improves liver function
- treats indigestion, and heartburn
- helps remove putrefied foods in gut (what happens if you eat meat too late at night, and it doesn't digest properly)
- good for fighting acid conditions, such as acne
2 lbs organic carrots
1-2 can(s) coconut milk or coconut cream
2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
sea salt and pepper*
raw cacao powder* (optional)
fresh turmeric, grated* (optional)
* to taste
1.) Cut unpeeled carrots into 1 inch pieces, and boil until soft.
2.) Wait for carrots to cool (VERY important if putting in blender, because mixture WILL explode out of blender if too hot... I learned this the hard way).
3.) Blend carrots with coconut milk in blender or food processor.
4.) Pour into bowl, and add oils and spices.
5.) Freeze some for later!
Hi! My name is Sarah. I'm into clean eating, traveling (beach please), helping folks eat and feel better, gardening (not very well), and bopping around my neighborhood with my dog. Thanks for reading!